The Bike Walk to School Challenge is a Lewis & Clark County program to promote active transportation to school among schools throughout the County. The program allows students to track their miles and trips biking or walking to and from school, and compete as a school against other regional schools.
Below are last years results.
Contact Elisa Prescott, 447-8028 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for May’s Challenge.
Leader Board (Click the column headers to sort the results.)
|School Name||Participants||Total Trips||Total Miles|
|CR Anderson Middle||1||0||0|
|East Valley Middle||0||0||0|
How it works
- Students and Faculty register to participate in the Challenge through the website BikeWalkHelena.org
- Challenge other students and/or teachers to participate. The more participants, the better the challenge!
- Participants bike or walk to school at least 1 day per week. Of course, the more days you commute, the more points you score for your team!
- Each participant logs his/her daily trips to and from school via BikeWalkHelena.org
- You will see how your school ranks against other participating schools!
What counts as a bike/walk commute?
- Biking (non-motorized) or walking both ways to school.
- Biking or walking one way to school and the other way by another mode.
- Biking or walking part way to school by pairing with transit, driving, or any other mode.
Remember: National Bike/Walk to School is May 7!!